To English Index Page

Overview

The Technology Research Institute of Osaka Prefecture (TRI-Osaka) was first established in 1929 to promote the technological development of small to medium sized enterprises in Osaka Prefecture.

TRI-Osaka has striven to solve the technological problems which these enterprises encounter through research activities and various technological services such as consulting, testing and providing technical information.

In April 1996, the new TRI-Osaka integrated 5 of 7 research facilities which had until then been dispersed, and was constructed as a leading - edge research institute to activate industry in Osaka Prefecture.

Brief History
April 1929 The Industrial Research Institute of Osaka Prefecture (IRI) was first established at the old site of the Osaka Prefectural Government Office.
April 1942 The Izumiotsu branch was separated from the institute as a Textile Research Institute.
November 1987 Both institutes were united again and reorganized as the Osaka Prefectural Industrial Technology Research Institute.
April 1996 Technology Research Institute of Osaka Prefecture (TRI-Osaka) was constructed at the present Izumi area located in the southern part of Osaka Prefecture.